Please read these Rules carefully. By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or submitting your Entry, you are indicating that you have read, understood and fully agree to these Rules.
PROMOTION PERIOD: 2020 Honda Civic Type R Sweepstakes entries will be accepted online starting at 12:00AM Pacific Standard Time (PST) on November 1, 2022 and ending 11:59PM Pacific Standard Time (PST) on January 12, 2023 (the “Promotion Period”).
1. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Also open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of throtl Inc. (the “Sponsor”), Wheel Pros, Hoonigan, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes (with the exclusion of throtl Brand Ambassadors). The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. How to Enter: There are four ways to enter:
1) throtl VIP Membership: Eligible individuals who purchase a throtl VIP membership at www.throtl.com will receive fifty (50) Sweepstakes entries per month of membership during the sweepstakes period (e.g., a membership started in November will earn 150 entries). This is limited to one membership per person.
a) Eligible Individuals can earn entries for purchasing products from www.throtl.com. During the Promotion Period you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for every $1 spent on an eligible purchase at https://www.throtl.com (the “Website”) (e.g., a $22 purchase will earn 22 entries). The number of entries you receive will be based on the list price of your eligible purchase (excludes sales tax and shipping/handling charges), less any credits or discounts. If a purchase is returned prior to the Sweepstakes drawing, entry/ies associated with that purchase will be voided. All purchases are subject to Sponsor’s return policy. Your purchase transaction must be received by 11:59:59 PM PT on 1/12/23 to be eligible to receive entries. Eligible VIP Members who make a product purchase from the website during the promotion period will receive (5) entries per $1 spent, equivalent to 5x the entries of a NON-VIP eligible individual.
b) Eligible individuals can earn entries for purchasing products from www.hoonigan.com. During the Promotion Period you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for every $1.00 spent on an eligible purchase at www.hoonigan.com or www.throtl.com (the “Websites”) (e.g., a $22 purchase will earn 22 entries). The number of entries you receive will be based on the list price of your eligible purchase (excludes sales tax and shipping/handling charges), less any credits or discounts, and will be rounded up to the nearest U.S. dollar. If a purchase is returned prior to the drawing, entry/ies associated with that purchase will be voided. All purchases are subject to Sponsor’s return policy. Your purchase transaction must be received by 11:59:59 PM PT on 1/12/23 to be eligible to receive entries.
c) In addition to entering via an online purchase at www.hoonigan.com or www.throtl.com, the Sponsor at its sole discretion, may offer opportunities during the Entry Period to earn one (1) entry for every $1 spent via an ‘in person’ purchase at The Hoonigan Inconvenience Store located at 19070 S. Reyes Ave. Compton, CA 90221, and/or an ‘in person’ purchase at a Hoonigan event booth during a Sponsor-specified car show/event.* Visit www.hoonigan.com for a listing of upcoming events. * Purchases made ‘in person’ at The Hoonigan Inconvenience Store and/or at a Hoonigan event booth during a Sponsor specified car show/event may not qualify for the Sweepstakes; see the Hoonigan representative to confirm whether or not your purchase qualifies for the Sweepstakes.
3) Throughout the Promotion Period, the Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may announce on www.Hoonigan.com, www.throtl.com, and/or on its social media pages, opportunities to earn additional entries (“2X” entries or “3X” entries), via a purchase as follows: 2X entries: Eligible non-VIP Individuals will earn two (2) entries for every $1 spent and eligible throtl VIP Individuals will earn ten (10) entries for every $1 spent (“2X Entry Period”). 3X entries: Eligible non-VIP Individuals will earn three (3) entries for every $1 spent & Eligible throtl VIP Individuals will receive fifteen (15) entries for every $1 spent (“3X Entry”). The 2X Entry and 3X Entry will occur on a date, and for a duration, of the Sponsor’s choosing and under the Sponsor’s discretion. The 2X Entry and 3X Entry will not be announced beforehand and will take place within the overall Promotion Period.
4) To enter without purchase, print your name, address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth and in thirty-five (35) words or more, hand write a response to the following question “How will winning the throtl 2020 Honda Civic Type R Sweepstakes change your life?” on a 4x6 postcard (no outer envelope) and mail to: Throtl Inc., 302 Washington Street #102, San Diego, California 92103 (each postcard must be mailed individually- multiple/bulk mailings will not be accepted). Mail-in entries must be postmarked by January 12,2023 and received by January 17, 2023. No photo copies, facsimiles or reproductions of mail-in entry requests will be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, stolen, incomplete, illegible, postage due, or misdirected entries. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. All information must be complete to be eligible. Personal information collected from entrant is used only for the purpose of the Sweepstakes and will not be re-used, sold or shared in any manner, unless entrant agrees to receive further information on Sponsor’s or prize partner’s products and promotions. Use of computer programs and/or other automated devices to enter sweepstakes is prohibited.
To earn 2X entries without purchase (10 entries per mail-in), follow the instructions above for your mail-in entry and hand write the words “2X entry” on the lower right-hand corner of your outer-mailing envelope. Your mail-in entry must have a postmark date that corresponds to a 2X Entry Period and be received within 5 days of the 2X Entry Period’s deadline.
To earn 3X entries without purchase (15 entries per mail-in), follow the instructions above for your mail-in entry and hand write the words “3X entry” on the lower right-hand corner of your outer-mailing envelope. Your mail-in entry must have a postmark date that corresponds to a 3X Entry Period and be received within 5 days of the 3X Entry Period’s deadline.
Only fully complete and compliant entries are eligible pursuant to these Official Rules, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions made by Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final and binding in all respects.
3. Entry Requirements: By submitting an entry, you represent and warrant that your entry conforms to the following requirements:
4. Prizes: The Winner of the Sweepstakes (the “Winner”) will choose one (1) of two (2) prize options. Prize options include one (1) 2020 Honda Civic Type R (VIN #SHHFK8G77LU200352) with an Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of $45,000 and one (1) check for $20,000 OR one (1) check for $50,000. No other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the Sponsor’s discretion. No substitution or transfer of prize will be permitted, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right at its sole discretion to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value. All expenses associated with prize acceptance not mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
2020 Honda Civic Type R Prize Restrictions: The interior and exterior color and condition of the 2020 Honda Civic Type R displayed in the videos/photos may differ. The winner must possess automobile insurance prior to receiving the prize. Any costs associated with registration, taxes and licensing of the automobile are the sole responsibility of the Winner. This vehicle has no warranty. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor.
NOTE #1: Prize car might not pass emissions testing in certain states. Winner is responsible for reviewing standards for operation of a vehicle in their state before accepting prize.
NOTE #2: Prize must be picked up from San Diego California within thirty (30) days of notification of availability from the sponsor.
NOTE #3: The Winner understands and agrees that the process will be videotaped/photographed. Rights to any prize ceremony video/photo belong solely to the Sponsor and can be used in any media at their sole discretion.
5. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of Sponsor on or about January 18, 2023. Winner will be notified by phone within five (5) calendar days following selection of Winner. Sponsor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within five (5) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT SPONSOR‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. Entries that fail to meet the Eligibility and the Entry Requirements by the end of the Promotion Period will be deemed incomplete and, at the discretion of Sponsor, may be disqualified. If a potential winner is a U.S. citizen, he/she must sign and return an IRS W-9 form within the stated time in order to claim a prize.
7. Rights Granted by You: By entering this Sweepstakes, you understand and agree that Sponsor or anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor and Sponsor’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
8. Terms & Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstake should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Sweepstake rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Nothing contained herein shall constitute this Sweepstakes to be an arrangement for employment, a joint venture, or a partnership. In no way is a participant to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of Sponsor in any respect. The value of the prize will be taxable to the winner as income. All federal, provincial, territorial, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of prizes not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the winner’s responsibility. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. United States residents will have income reported to them on IRS Form 1099, as required under IRS rules and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS. Please contact your own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstake and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
10. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE USA AND THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall you be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes). You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Throtl Inc., 302 Washington Street #102, San Diego California, 92103. Requests must be received no later than 1/31/2023.
13. Administrator: Realtime Media LLC, 200 Four Falls Corporate Center, Suite 100, Conshohocken, PA 19428
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is throtl Inc., 302 Washington Street #102, San Diego California, 92103 This sweepstakes is no way sponsored or endorsed by Honda.